My Blogging Friends

Saturday 17 April 2010

My Altered Thimble Thingy Complete

Hi, well I finished it today..............whoopee, never thought I would, so much trial and error. Still its my first big project and have really enjoyed making it and have learn't a lot from it.

I finished it off with various stamps, buttons and a large brad (which I stamped with a girls face) all alcohol inked, polymer clay decorations, gold wire, beads, odd pierced earrings which I had picked up at the second hand market, just great for sticking in wood. There are also some bits that my buddies had sent me over the year and wanted to use them in this project rather than be stuck away in my prese' box.

One of my best buys was a box of childrens wooden dominos for 20p from the second hand market they are brilliant for painting or stamping, almost anything, have made a couple of domino books from them as well...........will have to put that in the gallery sometime and show you.

Hope you enjoyed looking at my completed project and if you would like to leave any comments please do.

Enjoy the weekend,

Annette x

6 comments:

Debs said...

Wow it is fabulous - utterly gorgeous Annette. I do love your work and your use of colours is inspirational. -Debs

Hilary said...

I love your altered thimble thingy Nettie. All your work is fabulous!
Lots of love and hugs, Hils xxxxxx

Nicks said...

Its gorgeous... bloomin gorgeous

Lesley Edmonds said...

Hi Annette,
I found your blog through CS and just wanted to say how much I admire your art. Your use of colour is glorious!
Lesley x

nerllybird said...

Hi, I just came here from the CS site. Your work is absolutely beautiful, I love your coloured backgrounds. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff!

Nicks said...

Hi Netty, I wanted to comment on your tags but I cant see an option comment on that post

Gald your Grandaughter is improving, hope your daughter is home soon xx